PhEST Pop-Up Open Call
PhEST Pop-Up Open Call is a free and speedy call for artists working with any kind of medium and artistic language, from photography to illustration and moving images. Lasting only 2 weeks (until July 15th), PhEST Pop-Up will give participants the opportunity to win 5 exclusive prizes assigned by an international jury plus, a selection of the participating works will be projected in one of the inaugural evening events of PhEST 2021 and exhibited outdoors in the street of Monopoli’s old town.
The festival is seeking works exploring the body that are intense, profound, and intimate. Any visual language is accepted, all types of media, both still and moving, from photography to illustration, collage, animation, video, and hybrids.
Five prizes will be awarded by the international jury.
1. An exhibition at the 2021 edition of PhEST (opening August 6th, 2021)
2. A dedicated exhibition for a participant who is resident in Puglia, Italy, at PhEST 2021.
3. Publication on one of LensCulture’s communication channels
4. One online workshop offered by Leica Akademie
5. One online workshop offered by Leica Akademie for the winner whose work is exclusively shot with a smartphone
A selection of the participating work will be projected in one of the inaugural evening events at the 2021 edition of PhEST and exhibited outdoors in the street of the old town of Monopoli.
Maurizio Beucci, Head of Leica Akademie Italy
Jim Casper, Editor-in-Chief & Co-Founder of LensCulture
Sanne De Wilde, Photographer
Arianna Rinaldo, Curator of photography at PhEST
Giovanni Troilo, Artistic director of PhEST
For more information, write to firstname.lastname@example.org